Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Violence


 

Pregnant woman and baby survive frenzied knife attack

British Woman forced to call boyfriend, he hears her screams during the attack

By Dave Andrusko
pregnantwoman80A pregnant British woman is furious that a man who stabbed her nine times in the abdomen in a frenzied three-minute attack was convicted only of grievous bodily harm, not attempted murder. The baby of the unidentified woman miraculous survived the assault which left the child’s mother, who almost bled to death, with serious injuries.

“I just pray he is given a lengthy sentence,” the unidentified woman told the Daily Mail’s Steph Cockroft. Nathaniel Robinson will be sentenced later this week. The woman’s baby is due next month.
What could make such a horrific story even worse? For reasons no one can figure out, Robinson, whom the woman had known for some years, forced her to “phone her boyfriend on speakerphone so he could listen to her screams as he repeatedly plunged a kitchen knife into her stomach,” Cockroft reported.

The nightmare took place last May. According to Cockroft
Recalling the terrifying attack, the woman – who did not want to be named – said: ‘My boyfriend could hear my screams on the other end of the line.
‘I pleaded with Robinson to stop. I said: “Please don’t do this, I’m pregnant”. But then he started to target my stomach.
‘I grabbed the knife, which is why I had hand injuries. He was completely silent throughout. The only screaming came from me and then he stopped and walked off. He obviously felt he had done enough.’
Nathaniel Robinson
Nathaniel Robinson
The attack began as soon as the woman’s boyfriend picked up the phone. It ended with the woman and Robinson grappling and Robinson fleeing the scene, “leaving the woman in a pool of blood on her bedroom floor.”
As she was phoning her mother, a neighbor, “who had phoned police after hearing screams,” according to Cockroft, “broke into the property with a crowbar.”

The 25-year-old woman “had lost so much blood that, when a 999 operator urged her to apply pressure to the wound, she replied: ‘Which one?,’” according to Cockroft.
Robinson stabbed his victim nine times during a three-minute frenzied attack when she told him she was expecting a baby. Pictured: The scars left from the attack
Robinson stabbed his victim nine times during a three-minute frenzied attack when she told him she was expecting a baby. Pictured: The scars left from the attack

Rushed to Birmingham’s Queen Elizabeth Hospital , she and her baby somehow survived the savage attack. “’I had minimum pain relief and just kept asking about my baby,” she said. “I was awake during surgery because of the anaesthetic and I was terrified I would lose my baby. I am very lucky we both survived.”

However she has undergone two operations for severe nerve damage on her finger and her knee. But in spite of all this, she retains a sense of optimism.
She told the Daily Mail, “ My baby boy is due in January and I am hoping the new year will mark a new start and a new beginning.”

Source: NRLC News

No comments: