Friday, November 6, 2015

RU 486


 

Fox 46 interviews mother whose chemical abortion was reversed

Baby now five months old

By Dave Andrusko
walkerandmomanddadreMega-kudos to Fox 46 WJZY in Charlotte, North Carolina for its terrific story about Dr. Matthew Harrison and a 5-month-old baby boy named Walker who was saved by a new technique that may, if started promptly enough, be able to reverse the effect of RU-486.

To understand the reversal, it’s essential to remember that RU-486 is actually a two-drug technique. In brief what the abortion reversal process does is to counteract the first drug, mifepristone, before the second one, misoprostol, is ever given, by giving massive dosages of progesterone.
The Fox 46 story, presented by Bill Melugin, focuses on Dr. Harrison, who works at Novant Health’s Rowan County Regional Medical Center in Salisbury, N.C. Dr. Harrison, along with Drs. George Delgado and Mary Davenport, are at the forefront of this exciting new development which they call the “Emergency Abortion Pill Reversal Kit.”

Dr. Harrison told Melugin
“The way the abortion pill works is it [mifepristone] essentially starves the baby by blocking the natural hormone that’s in the woman’s body, which is progesterone, thereby breaking the connection between the placenta and the uterus disrupting nutrients to the baby, causing death. …This is followed 48-72 hours later with Cytotec [misoprostol] which induces labor.

What progesterone does, the treatment we give her, is it puts extra hormone into her system, the natural hormone that’s already in her system, and it floods her system with progesterone so the abortion pill doesn’t work.”

Melugin personalizes the story by talking to Walker’s mother, Autumn Barnes. He begins his piece by saying that Dr. Harrison

has found a way to save lives before they ever come into this. Believe it or not he’s pioneered a way to reverse the effects of the abortion pill, and it works.
Melugin sat down with Walker’s parents and Walker, who is incredibly cute:
“Anytime we go somewhere, everyone says that baby, there’s something special about that baby,” Barnes says. “If you only knew.”

In some ways the story is not so different. Barnes and her boyfriend already had a daughter and when she became pregnant again in 2014, there were bills to pay.
“I never thought that I would be okay with having an abortion,” Barnes told Fox 46. “I grew up with a Christian family, and that’s wrong, that’s so wrong.”

But thoroughly scared, she went to Raleigh without telling anyone and took the mifepristone. “When I got into the truck it just kept running through my mind, I just killed my baby, I have a little girl at home, how is it fair that I just took an innocent child’s life?” she told Melugin.
That’s when the story becomes what Melugin says some people might consider a “miracle.”
Barnes goggled options about possibly reversing a chemical abortion and “found a link to abortionpillreversal.com, which said her pregnancy could possibly be saved if she acted quickly.”
Skeptical (to put it mildly), she called the number anyway. They found her a doctor in Fayetteville who had an Abortion Pill Reversal Kit. Timing is everything–even without taking the second pill, the reversal must be started within 72 hours to negate the impact of the first chemical abortifacient.
“It then became a waiting game to see if her pregnancy was saved,” Melugin.
Two days later when she went in for an ultrasound, Barnes got her answer.
“So I looked to the right and I saw the screen and the nurse said there’s your baby’s heartbeat,” Barnes said. “I was so happy, I think my smile was contagious. Seeing his heartbeat was like oh my goodness that’s my baby, and he’s safe, and he’s alive and hopefully he’s healthy.”
Fast forward the clock many months, and at 10:28 p.m. on May 18th, 2015, Walker was born. He came a month early, but he was healthy.
“He was perfect, and he was a miracle,” Barnes said. “When they laid him on my chest and I heard him scream for the first time, that was the happiest moment, well one of the happiest moments of my life compared to the first time.”
Walker, the baby that almost never was, is now 5 months old.
Barnes readily admits she (and Walker) were lucky:
“I was definitely given a second chance, and [Walker] was too, who knows what he’ll be when he grows up,” she said to Melugin. “Being able to hold him and count this toes and tickle his feet, it’s just special because of what happened and my decision I almost made. I want to try to share our story just to let people know this is available, I did almost make a mistake.”
You can watch the story at fox46charlotte.com.
Editor’s note. If you want to peruse stories all day long, either go directly to nationalrighttolifenews.org and/or follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/daveha

Source: NRLC News

No comments: