Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Poem By Board Member



AMDG



To My Mother with Child
by Sandra Cervenka

Fear not for I am but a bit of love,
Asleep and well in the nest of your womb.
You and me, we are bound together as one;
One lovely bond to my mother with child.

I love you as He does for no reason at all
Except that you are my mother and child of God.
Please hear me and see me and feel me and know,
That this choice is life changing for both of us.

Breathe deeply my mother with child and feel;
Feel deeply aware of my presence and home.
I am here not by my choice or chance or mistake
The Lord has a plan and only good does He make.

Give this more time, breathe deeply and think -
My dear mother, please ponder this choice. 
Listen with great care and see past your fear,
I am here, I am real, I am growing.

Hear me my mother with child, can you hear?
That steady sound from your womb in this room.
A sweet lullaby beat forever in your soul,
My heart beat in your ears for a life time.

See me my mother with child, can you see?
Oh the wonder-full glimpse of a being
So perfectly formed and cuddled with you,
Totally human and snuggling and living.

Breathe deeply my mother with child, for you -
And for me; our lives depend on each other.
I wish a chance to live, you seek a peace full life.
Close your eyes and imagine this bliss.

To my mother with child I offer this prayer:
Bring forth this miracle of life that is me!
Love me as yours, or an adoptive family bless,
With either choice He will be well pleased.

Amen

This piece gifted to Aid for Women (in Gurnee) and TRI-County Pregnancy Center (Grayslake)
Both places advocate for LIFE and help frightened women make the choice for LIFE.


No comments: