Monday, March 7, 2016

Adoption

Amanda Miah, adoption, pro-life, abortion, birth mother

To the woman who adopted my baby

To The Woman Who Adopted My Baby,

Not every woman is as brave as you. You had the courage to put your trust and hopes in me, when I was just a teenager who you barely knew.

While I carried the baby, you stood close by; a supporting spectator, surely wondering if I’d follow through on our agreement.

You had the courage to put all your cards on the table with no guarantee on my part.

You had the courage to risk having your heart broken. You are brave.
For a brief period you needed me. You needed me to take on a healthy lifestyle, to eat right and get exercise.
You needed me to take extra care, as I was holding precious cargo.
But I wonder if it ever crossed your mind—and you may not have realized this yet—but I needed you too.
to-the-woman-who-adopted-my-baby
I needed a woman who could do what I couldn’t. I needed a woman who could provide the comfort and stability I was not yet ready to offer.

I needed a woman who could love, not based on a bond of blood, but rather a bond of dreams fulfilled.
I needed you.

You wanted to be present for all of it. To be there every step of the way: the doctor’s visits, the ultrasounds, the delivery.
You were there for me.

For that reason, I knew you’d be there for her too. I knew you’d be present when she took her first steps, when she lost her first tooth, and when she had her first crush.
I knew you’d delight in every milestone, deeply thankful in your heart for the privilege of raising such an amazing girl.

I want to thank you for being the mother she deserves. Kind, patient, ready and willing to give your love away.

I want to thank you for making it so easy to entrust another with such a precious gift.
I’ve never had to worry about her well-being or her future. They have become your priorities because you chose to make them so.

Despite the difficulties I faced, you have given me a freedom to move forward. To not doubt my decision. I am certain that while God let me grow her, He chose you to raise her.
I want to thank you for opening your heart and home.
I want to thank you for taking on such a high calling.
I want to thank you for adopting my baby, for making her a part of your family. It means more than you’ll ever know.

Amanda Miah is a birthmother from Kentucky who moved to England, where she lives with her husband and two children. She is the author of Placing Bets, the story of her experience with adoption and the incredible journey that followed.
Editor’s Note: This article was first published at America Adopts! and is reprinted here with permission.

Source: LiveAction News

No comments: