Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Planned Parenthood and New Video


 

The 11th undercover Planned Parenthood Video: still striving to extract an intact baby brain

By Dave Andrusko
annadermishPPvideoWe are now into Video #11 in the ongoing undercover investigation of Planned Parenthood and so-called Tissue Procurement Companies–the ones that are the middlemen between the abortion clinics and the researchers eager to experiment on intact baby body parts.
Yet even so when I watched the latest video released by the Center for Medical Progress this morning I was still stunned by the way two women–one from Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas at Austin, the other from Whole Woman’s Health– talked about the bodies of aborted babies.
I shouldn’t by now–not after listening to many discussions about using less “crunchy” abortion techniques and women on the verge of delivering their babies (“Oh yeah, the fetus was already in the vaginal canal whenever we put her in the stirrups, it just fell out”), and much more–but I am.
In the video, Amna Dermish, MD, is described as a 2nd-Trimester Abortion Provider, Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas. In the discussion with an actor posing as a Fetal Tissue Procurement Company she is asked how many 20 week abortions her clinic does:
It varies, like last week I think we only had 2, and I think this week we have 4 on this coming week we have 4 on the schedule, plus I’ll be doing ultrasounds, so we might get more.
Buyer: You might get more.
PP: Yeah, we usually have at least 2, sometimes we’ll do 6 in a week, but again our second trimester volume has been slowly increasing, they’re showing up later,
Dermish explains that on babies 18 weeks and older she uses laminaria to soften and dilate the cervix. “But leaving them in for 24 hours, I can usually get 3 to 4 centimeters of dilation, which usually allows me to get, to extract it more intact.”
“It” refers to the baby’s body.
So the buyer asks what was the condition–the “intactness”– of the “specimen.” (By way of explanation, a “breech presentation” means the baby’s feet or bottom comes out first rather than the normal head first–a “cephalic presentation.” “Calvarium” refers to the baby’s skull.)
PP: It was trunk intact, so usually what I do, if it’s a breech presentation, I’ll remove the extremities first, the lower extremities, and then go for the spine and sort of bring it down that way, and then—
Buyer: You said if that’s a breech presentation?
PP: If it’s a breech presentation, yeah, yeah. And if it’s cephalic I’ll try and get the cal[varium] first, but if I’m struggling getting the cal, usually it’s a function of how good my dilation is, often times it’s hard to get around the cal. Especially the 20 weekers are a lot harder versus the 18-weekers, so at that point I’ll switch to breech, so.
Buyer: Good. I was just curious what we might be working with.
PP: I always try and keep the trunk intact just by function of always trying to aim for the spine to bring it down.
Finally, the actor asks what does Dermish do when there is a request for a fetal brain. She responds, “Yeah, I haven’t been able to do that yet. The intact calvarium [skull].”
A second later, Dermish adds, “Well this will give me something to strive for.”
And then she laughs.

Source: NRLC News

No comments: