Saturday, October 31, 2015

Medical Waste?????


 

Reducing unborn babies to medical waste: how the pro-abortion mind works

By Dave Andrusko
pp2_0This is the last NRL News Today post for the week and let me give you a heads-up: it concerns a piece that ran on a prominent pro-abortion website, Rhealitycheck.org.
The irony is that “The Day I Learned Aborted Fetuses Aren’t People” bears no relationship to [rh]reality. None, at least not the reality that 99% of us occupy.
You may find an occasional syllable in Amy Littlefield’s piece that tangentially bumps into how almost all of us understand our lives but that is purely by accident.
So what was the day like when Littlefield discovered that “aborted fetuses aren’t people”?
We learn that “in my former work,” Littlefield worked as an abortion clinic counselor. “I often avoided seeing what we called the products of conception—the tissue that results from the union of egg and sperm,” she tells us.
To be clear, this is not because that might gross her out but because (a)“For me, the embryo—or fetus, in later stages of pregnancy—was irrelevant,” and (b) “I wanted to focus all of my attention on my patients.”
Later she elaborates:
Still, in the clinics where I worked, I tended to avoid seeing the medical waste. I avoided it because it was irrelevant to my work. But I think part of me also avoided it because I thought seeing fetal tissue might diminish my allegiance to my patients
pp1Oh, you mean you feared you might feel a tinge of compassion for the child whose body has just been torn apart? Nah, not a chance.
So, you’re probably wondering what I was wondering when I got to the last three paragraphs of her essay: how again did you figure out (“learn”) that “aborted fetuses aren’t people”? Here it is:
Yet even as I took part in hundreds of abortions as a counselor, I think on some level, I still wondered if seeing second-trimester fetal tissue could shake my pro-choice views. Then one day, I was offered the unusual opportunity to see the fetus of a patient who had been close to 22 weeks pregnant. With some trepidation, I accepted. I looked. And in that moment, my pro-choice position crystallized.
While it was shaped like a baby, what I was looking at was not a person. It was a fetus. A fetus my patient had chosen not to make into a baby. I felt no attachment to it. Relieved, I stepped into the recovery room to check on my patient. Years later, looking back on this moment, it’s still the patient I think about, not the fetus.
Her life was what mattered.
I honestly don’t know exactly how to respond. The “fetus” wasn’t a “baby” because the “patient” (the mother) had “chosen not to make [“it”–the baby] into a baby.”
What if the patient decided the fetus-not-made-into-a-baby was an orangutan? What if she decided the beating heart was a miniature Interstate battery?
What if she looked at her baby (whoops, fetus), now close to a foot long , and decided it was a ruler?
Sure the “fetus” may have been “shaped like a baby,” but maybe it was a spaghetti squash. Both weigh about 1 pound.
I guess Littlefield reasons (to use the term in its loosest possible fashion) that because the patient hadn’t given the fetus the go ahead to become a baby, she could also feel unattached as well.
Her attention, even now, is on the woman and thus (well, sort of thus) the aborted fetus was not a “person.” It was medical waste which you can incinerate or pass along to “tissue procurement companies” who can peddle intact baby parts to the lovely folks who experiment on fetal lungs and hearts and livers and brains for a living.
Indeed, had the patient so wanted, Littlefield’s colleagues could have induced a premature delivery so the patient could bond with the baby who would die either in delivery or from non-attention after her birth.
Why not? After all. for Littlefield , all that mattered was the patient.
I have no conclusion except this. Nothing can shake the ”pro-choice views” of people like Littlefield.
Which makes them very, very scary and very, very dangerous people.

Source: NRLC News

No comments: