Thursday, May 13, 2010

Raquel Welch On The Consequences Of The Pill

Can you believe Raquel Welch is 69? Wow! Age has the ability to look back at life and recognize, more clearly the mistakes of youth, that altered your life. On the 50Th anniversary of the Pill, Raquel Welch reflected on the sexual revolution, that shaped own her life.
 
Margaret Sanger opened the 1st American Family Planning clinic in 1916, and the sexual revolution began.
 
Raquel reflects, "As I've grown older, over the past 5 decades, and lived through this revolutionary period in female sexuality, I've seen how it altered American society. "During my pregnancy, I came to realize that this process was not about me. "I was just a spectator to the metamorphasis that was happening inside my womb, so that another life could be born. "It came down to an act of self-sacrifice, especially for me, as a woman. "Later, I would strike out on my own with my little one, as a single mother, to pursue a career in the movies. "It was far from ideal, but my children didn't impede my progress. "They grounded me in reality and forced me into an early maturity. "I must add, that having two babies, didn't destroy my figure. "But if I'd had a different attitude about sex, conception and responsibility, things would have been very different. "One significant and enduring effect of the pill, on female sexual attitudes during the 60's was, now we can have sex anytime we want, without the consequences. "Hallelujah, let's party!"  And this quote remains the theme of today. Because of the pill, the sexual revolution has it's tenticles not only in society, but in the Church. Sexting has become a way of life for our teens.
 
To close, Raquel says, "Seriously, folks, if an aging sex symbol like me starts waving the red flag of caution, over how low moral standards have plummeted, you know it's gotta be pretty bad. "In fact, it's precisely because of the sexy image I've had, that it's important for me to speak up and say: "Come on girls! Time to pull up our socks! We are capable of so much better." 
 
 

No comments: