Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Value of Ultrasound


 

Woman sees ultrasound, realizes she’s pregnant with “a little person”

By Sarah Terzo
DSbaby9From a woman who was being tested to see if her baby had Down syndrome or another handicap; she had been considering abortion if the baby was discovered to be disabled. She’s describing what she saw on the ultrasound:
“I was on this incredible high, like I saw the head and the little shoulders and then I came home and I suddenly crashed because I thought, there was this little person, I mean, it looked like a little person. And I was more upset than I’d ever been because what would I do? You know, would I have an abortion? Because here I’ve seen it, and it looks like a little person.”
Rayna Rapp “Testing Women, Testing the Fetus: the Social Impact of Amniocentesis in America” (New York: Routledge, 1999) 129
Editor’s note. This appeared at clinicquotes.com.

Source: NRLC News

No comments: