Monday, February 16, 2015

Unbelievable


 

Pro-Choice writer says why she would have an abortion

Editor’s note. This appeared at clinicquotes.com.
Amanda Marcotte
Amanda Marcotte

Some lovely words from one pro-choicer [Amanda Marcotte]:
“I don’t particularly like babies. They are loud and smelly and, above all other things, demanding. No matter how much free day care you throw at women, babies are still time-sucking monsters with their constant neediness. ….

No matter how flexible you make my work schedule, my entire life would be overturned by a baby. I like my life how it is, with my ability to do what I want when I want without having to arrange for a babysitter. I like being able to watch True Detective right now and not wait until baby is in bed. …. I don’t want a baby. I’ve heard your pro-baby arguments. Glad those work for you, but they are unconvincing to me. Nothing will make me want a baby.”

“Adoption? F— you, seriously. I am not turning my body over for nine months of gaining weight and puking and being tired and suffering and not being able to sleep on my side and going to the hospital for a bout of misery and pain so that some couple I don’t know and probably don’t even like can have a baby. I don’t owe that couple a free couch to sleep on while they come to my city to check out the local orphans, so I sure as s–t don’t owe them my body. I like drinking alcohol and eating soft cheese. I like not having a giant growth protruding out of my stomach. I hate hospitals and like not having stretch marks.”
….
This is why, if my birth control fails, I am totally having an abortion. Given the choice between living my life how I please and having my body within my control and the fate of a lentil-sized, brainless embryo that has half a chance of dying on its own anyway, I choose me.
Amanda Marcotte, “The Real Debate Isn’t About ‘Life’ But About What We Expect Of Women” Pandagon March 14, 2014.

Source: NRLC News

No comments: