Friday, February 13, 2015

Miracle


Abandoned in a sewer, baby rescued in dramatic fashion, expected to recover fully

By Dave Andrusko

“Incredible” is a much over-used superlative, but what else could describe the rescue of a three-month-old baby from a sewer in Mexico City?


Alicia Tejada Ramos, a local resident of the Toriello Guerra neighborhood of Mexico City, told the Mirror newspaper that she heard crying below the ground.

“I ignored the sound for a little while but when I realised the baby was clearly not being attended to, I looked at the window but couldn’t see anything,” she said. Ramos added, “I went outside and then I realised that the sound was coming from under my feet in the sewer. I was really shocked, and called police and emergency services immediately.”
The baby is expected to make a full recovery.
The baby is expected to make a full recovery.
Police opened up the sewer where they found a baby (whose sex has not been disclosed) estimated to be about three-months-old.

“Although wrapped in a blanket, the extremely cold temperatures in the sewer meant that it had to be rushed to hospital for emergency treatment,” wrote the Mirror’s Sarah Ridley.
Although suffering from hypothermia, the baby appeared to be doing well and is expected to make a full recovery, medics said.

Authorities are looking for the baby’s parents

Source: NRLC News

No comments: