Thursday, October 30, 2014

Abortion


 

Novelist Pearl S. Buck speaks about life and death



By Sarah Terzo
The-Good-EarthThe following is from the Foreword to Robert E. Cooke and others, ed., “The Terrible Choice: The Abortion Dilemma” (New York: Bantam Books, 1968), ix-xi, x.
“…I fear the power of choice over life or death at human hands. I see no human being whom I could ever trust with such power–not myself, not any other. Human wisdom, human integrity are not great enough. Since the fetus is a creature already alive and in the process of development, to kill it is to choose death over life. At what point shall we allow this choice? For me the answer is–at no point, once life has begun. At no point, I repeat, either as life begins or as life ends, for we who are human beings cannot, for our own safety, be allowed to choose death, life being all we know.”
Pearl S. Buck. [Buck, the daughter of missionaries to China, was awarded the Nobel Prize in literature in 1938. Her most famous novel was “The Good Earth.”]
Editor’s note. This appeared at clinicquotes.com.

Source: NRLC News

No comments: