Monday, March 1, 2010

New Co-Blogger

Good morning! I'd just like to take a moment to introduce myself, the new co-blogger here at the Lake County Right to Life Blog.

My name is Paul Mitchell, and for nearly five years, I've written a pro-life blog (under the pseudonym, "Paul, Just This Guy, You Know") called Thoughts of a Regular Guy, where I've made the arguments for ending abortion and bringing about a culture of life, and defended traditional marriage. And written on other topics as they caught my interest.

In the middle of last year, I launched a campaign for state representative in the Illinois 62nd District, opposing Republican Sandy Cole. At the February 2nd primary, I captured only just over 38% of the vote in a two-way race, and so was defeated. But elections have consequences, even for losers, and one of those consequences is that Bonnie has asked me to blog here, in addition to my blogging at my own site (as well as Southern Appeal).

Although I am devoutly Roman Catholic (I am a parishioner at St. Peter parish in Volo, and Charter Grand Knight of Knights of Columbus Cure of Ars Council #14819), my approach to the life issues tends to make use of scientific and secular arguments, because I believe that they are more difficult for pro-choice (and pro-abortion) people to ignore. Here's an example, from my appearance at the Right to Life candidate forum last November, in which I also warn that the Illinois FOCA bill will be returning, as it has:

No comments: