Friday, July 24, 2015

Aftermath of Abortion



Feminists don’t like discussing abortion grief, postabortion woman finds

By Sarah Terzo
experiencingabortionbookA pro-choice author, who wrote a book on women’s experiences after an abortion, described how one woman felt grief after she aborted her baby [1]. The young woman felt that pro-choice friends did not want to hear about her struggles after the abortion.
… Karen cannot make sense of her grief. She says, “I hated being pregnant. I knew I did not want to have a baby. So why should I feel sad after the abortion?… I don’t understand the emotions, so I can’t very well explain them.” …
She says of her depression and confusion, “I wish it were okay to talk of such feelings in the feminist circles. It seems that for political reasons we cannot.” Some abortion advocates might interpret Karen’s feeling as a threat to the movement or as a sign of defection, when in reality, Karen’s support has not wavered at all.”
[1] Eve Kushner Experiencing Abortion: A Weaving of Women’s Words (Binghamton, New York: The Haworth Press, 1997) 236 – 237.
Editor’s note. This appeared at http://clinicquotes.com/feminists-dont-like-discussing-abortion-grief-postabortion-woman-finds/

Source: NRLC News

No comments: