Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Post Abortion


 

Postabortion woman would urge others to choose life

Send to Kindle
PROJECT-RACHEL-LOGOA woman who had an abortion talks about the aftermath in the magazine America:

During the next 18 years I never gave the abortion more than a moment’s thought. Hadn’t I made the phone call as soon as I thought I might be pregnant? Hadn’t the nurse at the clinic told me that at six weeks the fetus was a blob of muscle and tissue, not a real person yet? Isn’t the discussion on when life begins being argued in worldwide circles? Because I was so quick to act, the abortion had little effect on me-until I became sober.

It was then I knew I had done something terribly wrong. I couldn’t find a way to make amends for taking a life that God wanted in this world. There was a saying in my recovery group that if the program wasn’t working for you to look back on your life and find something you didn’t think important at the time. After almost two decades of prayer and meditation, living a good life and making amends for harms done, something was still wrong with me. I had a picture-perfect sobriety, yet all was not right. Could the quick abortion in January 1973 when I was 27 be what I thought wasn’t important? Well, maybe.
She went to confession 3 times and confessed the abortion, but found no healing until the priest told her to go to Rachel’s Vineyard retreat, which helped her.

If I were to speak to any woman thinking about an abortion, I would put my arm around her and tell her about my abrupt alienation from my husband, my alcoholism, my drug addiction, the period during which I hated the church I had earlier loved, the dark life of sin. Then I would urge her to choose life.
She named her aborted daughter Jane Marie.

Kathleen, M. H. (2002, Nov 04). Meeting jane marie. America, 187, 17-18.
Editor’s note. This appeared at clinicquotes.com.

Source: NRLC News

No comments: